[Klamath County Fire Defense Board] PSAP Consolidation

  • From: "Jeanine Dilley" <jdilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jim Hunter'" <JHunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Tim Evinger'" <tevinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Fire Defense List" <klamathcountyfdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Betty Lucht" <luchtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bill Akins" <billsperch@xxxxxxx>, "Bob Bennett" <chiloquintowing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Chris Sigsbee" <csigsbee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jim Anderson" <molm12@xxxxxxx>, "Robert Sword" <rsword2715@xxxxxxx>, "'Steve Schelb'" <gottops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:34:14 -0800

Good Afternoon,

I just completed a conference call with OEM and PSAP representatives from
around the state where we discussed many items, one of which was PSAP
consolidation.  The Kimball report was received and accepted by the Ways and
Means committee during this legislative session, but no action will be taken
on the recommendation of statewide consolidation at this time.  During the
2013 legislative session, PSAP's across the state will work towards
extending the 9-1-1 telephone excise tax, but the consolidation theory will
be to foster natural consolidation of multi-PSAP jurisdictions.  East Lane
County (Oakridge 9-1-1) will cut over their consolidation with Central Lane
(Eugene) tomorrow; this is the natural evolution we hope to continue with in
the future not stand alone PSAP's such as ours.

I will continue to keep you informed should the situation change course.

Jeanine E. Dilley

tree water 1

Jeanine E. Dilley, Executive Director

Klamath 9-1-1 Communications District

2543 Shasta Way, Klamath Falls, OR 97601

541-884-4876 ext. 1 fax 541-884-5026

jdilley@xxxxxxxx        www.klamath911.com

JPEG image