[klaatumail] new music

  • From: db65@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 03:01:15 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

Just taking a moment to rave about two new artists I've found on the new Paste
music sampler that are stuck in my head.

Erin McKeown has a beautiful voice and some really nice arrangements on her
track Santa Cruz.

But the one that's causing me to keep hitting repeat is a band called "fun."
Yes, that's a lower case f and a period on the end of the name.  The song they
have on this sampler is "All The Pretty Girls". And I'd describe the music as
Queen production, Queen harmonies, backing vocals by Electric Light Orchestra,
and a lead vocal that is a cross between Jellyfish and Gilbert Gottfried (if
Gilbert Gottfried had a heavenly singing voice that made you WANT to continue
listening).

I've got to find out more about these two artists!

Dave