[klaatumail] Re: klaatumail Digest V2 #185

  • From: WARFELT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:18:06 -0400

I am not going to do anything until the first of the year.  I am going to
try to get a gourmet baked goods hobby off the ground as sometime extra
cash generator.  You know cupcakes are all the rage right now.
The month of December, I plan to sleep late and over eat,  In that order.

Tom

From:
To:
klaatumail digest users <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
10/13/2010 01:14 AM
Subject:
klaatumail Digest V2 #185

klaatumail Digest                Tue, 12 Oct 2010                Volume:

In This Issue:
                                 [klaatumail] Hit a Milestone  No KK
                                 [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK
                                 [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK
                                 [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK
                                 [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK
                                 [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK
                                 [klaatumail] I got an Elk's Rock Pak for
$1!
                                 [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK

Subject: [klaatumail] Hit a Milestone  No KK
From: WARFELT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:54:07 -0400

Friends,  today I hit a big milestone.
The large multinational insurance and financial conglomerate that I work
for,  decided to send the majority of the corporate accounting and finance

positions to a company in India, (that is owned my American express).  I
do regulatory and compliance reporting for them.  Yesterday I received a
60 day notice that my job is being sent to India and that I would no
longer be employed after December 9th. I have had to train the person
taking my job.

However, because I am 52 (or older) I can opt to take a retirement package

which includes,  a lump sum payout of half my annual salary,  a monthly
pension until I am dead, and unemployment for 18 months.  The pension is
pretty generous,  sightly better than if I waited until 55 (which I had
planned to do anyway).

So,  at 52 and after 35 years of service,  I am going to retire.  I saved
a ton in my 401k which has been in a guaranteed fund for the past several
years and has not lost any money.

Merry Christmas to me.  I can't hardly believe it.

Tom Warfel

------------------------------

Subject: [klaatumail] Re: Hit a Milestone  No KK
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:58:59 -0400
From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tom!  Nice to hear that once in a while, bad things happening cause a
good outcome.  Congrats on your pending retirement.

Thanks.

Dave Bradley

------------------------------

From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:09:43 -0400

Congrats, Tom!

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com
RADIO: http://www.radiothatdoesntsuck.com
SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/bullseyecanada
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bullseyecanada
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/bullseyecanada

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/

PERSONAL - http://www.myspace.com/jaimievernonsmovingtargetz
               - http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Jaimie-Vernon
BLOG - http://verminator.livejournal.com
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/jaimievernon

------------------------------

From: DPhillips@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:11:54 -0400

Hey Tom!!!   Congrats to you... Hope you enjoy all that extra time!!!

Dan in Indy

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:23:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Tobolski <marc_tobolski@xxxxxxxxx>

Like winning the lottery.  Congrats!
 Marc T

Twitter: marctobolski
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobolski

From: "Terry Andrews" <t.andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:39:48 +0000

Way to go Tom!
Here's my story. I'm in transition from working for a company to being a
broker. There's a lot on my plate right now.

With all of that crap going on, I received a phone from my ex saying my
daughter was in an accident with my car. The car, I been told is wrote
off. The car was leased and the end date is the 21st of this month. I even
went to the bank to refinance. It's a sucky day.

And no, nobody was hurt. Thank God!

Teer

From: Marc Tobolski <marc_tobolski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:23:10
To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Glen Aka Barney Rubble <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [klaatumail] I got an Elk's Rock Pak for $1!
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:10:08 -0300

Hey friends, S:^D

Glad you brought this comp to my attention, Jaimie! Spotted a copy at
a local Buy and Sell, the side with Klaatu and Tom Cochrane's "Sail
On" (with John and Dee) is only dusty, zero scratches... Finally! A
clean copy of "Sail On" to replace my crackly 45...

Tach it on into the west,
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)

Sent from my iPhone (qui, maintenant, me permet des accents)

On 2010-10-12, at 2:07 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager
<ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: dean thut <deansmilkco@xxxxxxxxx>

 Tom ,
   That is so friggin awesome and I am so happy for you. It`s good to hear

something good happening to someone like that these days.
    Please do yourself a favor and find a pass time that you really enjoy.
Bake
bread, make cookies, build a flying model airplane, learn pottery or
something.
    I wish you all the best,
 Dean Thut

> The large multinational insurance and financial conglomerate that I work

> for,  decided to send the majority of the corporate accounting and
finance
> positions to a company in India, (that is owned my American express).  I

> do regulatory and compliance reporting for them.  Yesterday I received a

> 60 day notice that my job is being sent to India and that I would no
> longer be employed after December 9th. I have had to train the person
> taking my job.
>
> However, because I am 52 (or older) I can opt to take a retirement
package
> which includes,  a lump sum payout of half my annual salary,  a monthly
> pension until I am dead, and unemployment for 18 months.  The pension is

> pretty generous,  sightly better than if I waited until 55 (which I had
> planned to do anyway).
>
> So,  at 52 and after 35 years of service,  I am going to retire.  I
saved
> a ton in my 401k which has been in a guaranteed fund for the past
several
> years and has not lost any money.
>
> Merry Christmas to me.  I can't hardly believe it.
>
> Tom Warfel

End of klaatumail Digest V2 #185