[klaatumail] Re: klaatumail Digest V2 #171

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:50:09 -0400

>> Don't forget ...the last live concert by the Beatles was Aug 29th
>> 1966...44 years ago..

>...I guess that's not counting the live, Let It Be
> rooftop concert,  eh?         ;^)

Well, that begs the question of what is considered a "live concert".

Does there have to be a paying audience?

Does there have to be an invited audience?

Does there have to be an audience who can see the band, not just hear
it? (This doesn't count family members, employees of the band, friends
present at the time the event takes place...)

So while their "performances" in the studio were "live" (since they
can't, apparently play while dead or we'd have a reunion show by now)
and since the rooftop performance was intended to be heard by people who
had no idea who was playing these unknown songs and where they were
doing so, can any of that really be considered a 'concert' ?

I'm just sayin'..............

:-)
Dave