[klaatumail] "Sorry", and good news.

  • From: Quirk McDickly <qmcdickly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:53:32 -0800 (PST)

I guess I sort of owe everybody here an apology. Not a BIG apology, but still
an apology. Not long after going off on this list about on-line privacy and
anonymity, and how I don't go spreading my real name all over the web, I've
gone and opened up a Facebook account using my own name. I had a really good
reason though, which was: I found my son who I haven't seen or heard from in 17
years on Facebook, and by signing up and befriending him, we've re-established
contact after all these years. It's very good news for both of us, because our
estrangement was not something either of us wanted, and now I'm a dad again,
and he has a father who cares about him.m He's 24 years old and is in the U.S.
Navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor. So the event I didn't know would ever happen,
has happened (well, we haven't actually talked or seen each other yet, but I
know now it will happen.
I still have accounts which I hope to keep un-associated with my name, so that
part of my "beef" remains a legitimate concern, but as far as using my name
online goes, I'm doing it now. But given the searchable nature of our list
postings, I'll continue to go by...

.  .  ... Quirk McDickly . . ¶|;-D