[klaatumail] Rehashing an old discussion?

  • From: Marc Tobolski <marc_tobolski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

OK - I have been on this list forever but I cannot recall this discussion...
Played 'Hope' today on headphones and realized my copy is an old CD version.  I
have had it ripped to mp3 for sometime now and the actual CD is in a box in
storage 1,300 miles away.  No idea which version I have.  Anyway...

When listening to the fadeout at the end of Hope and before it goes into that
little reprise (3:54 - 3:57) I swear I hear what sounds like the tail end of
voices and sounds of movement.  Nothing is actuall said but it is that echo you
get in a room that bounces around a bit after somethign is said and then that
sound of movement.  After this the left channel is really hiss-y until the
crossfade starts from the other channel and drowns out what I suspect is tape
hiss from the source tapes.

As many of you may know, I am hard of hearing and I do not catch subtle nuances
in regular, casual listening.  Only when I have the headphones on a they are
cranked a bit do I ever get close to what most of you hear normally.  So - has
this been dscussed?  Curious as to what this may be.  Thanks!

Marc