[klaatumail] Re: NoKK: Pic Hitz?

  • From: Glen Aka Barney Rubble <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 06:34:08 -0300

Thanks Marc and Dave! S:^)

I find it most telling that Pic Hitz has expressed interest in promoting a band
whose sound is definitely far from "modern" (even by "retro rock" production
standards) and hasn't been together for 30 years.

I've been scrutinizing the places through which I try to promote my music (and
my latest release, out this month) with a closer eye. There's some bad
recordings released by others through Airplay Direct, with the occasional big
name (for example, 10 radio stations downloaded country singer Tracy Lawrence's
new album in full yesterday, after a press release sent to member artists and,
I presume, target radio stations... And country/bluegrass seems to be the
musical style most downloaded).

PicHitz states their suggested way to be noticed by the major labels: get PH to
promote your single to radio stations, as major labels also ask which tracks
are popular when they call to do their own tracking. I guess theoretically,
that's possible, though I thought the major labels would be more concerned
about how to jostle the popular tracks out of the playlist with their own.

And thanks for the archived retainer, Marc, I'll be reading that,
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)

Sent from my iPhone (qui, maintenant, me permet des accents)