[klaatumail] Re: I believe in Father Christmas

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:35:20 -0500

Answered my own question:
From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Believe_in_Father_Christmas

Covers

    * Toyah Wilcox recorded the song for her 1982 ITV television special
Pop Goes Christmas.
    * Elaine Paige recorded the song for her 1986 album Christmas
    * Human Drama in 1999
    * Vertical Horizon in 2002
    * Overview in 2008.
    * The melody was used in "Weird Al" Yankovic's dark comedy song,
"The Night Santa Went Crazy."
    * Canadian band Honeymoon Suite covered the song in 1989 for a
compilation album titled Revellion, featuring WEA (now Warner Music
Canada) recording artists. It was not featured on an HMS album until the
2006 collection Feel It Again: An Anthology which is now out of print.
    * Sarah Brightman recorded the song in 2008 for her album A Winter
Symphony.
    * Irish rock-group U2 recorded the song in 2008, for Bono's Product
Red campaign to fight AIDS in Africa.
    * The Swingle Singers recorded this song in 1994 for their album The
Story of Christmas.
    * 2008 Australian Idol winner Wes Carr recorded this song in 2009
for Sony Entertainment Australia's seasonal release Stars of Christmas.

Most likely the version I heard was Wes Carr's version.

Dave Bradley