[klaatumail] Facebook

  • From: Jim McNally <klaatu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:16:07 -0500

I left home in 1975.  After college, I learned that my best friend from
the neighborhood had moved to Wisconsin, developed epilepsy, and died.
I always regretted that I had not heard in time to talk to him before he
died or even to attend his funeral.

Imagine my surprise a month ago when I found out he actually was alive
and had found my sister on Facebook.  I'll admit that is not as good as
finding a lost son, but it shows how these social networking sites can
do good work as well.

I still guard my privacy, but I recognize the utility of the internet as
well.

Jim in Detroit