[klaatumail] Dav'es tips for success

  • From: klaatu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:01:15 -0400

Dave - good tips.  I keep repeating them to Paul McCartney, too.  He needs to
rediscover his success of the 1970s.

The problem here is that we think the members of Klaatu should relive their 70s
success.  But just as it is impossibly hard for a new artist to break into the
charts, it is even harder for an older artist to repeat.  Commercial success is
not around the corner, but these artists still have the music in them, music
they are driven to make and share.  We have to accept that these will be
low-scale efforts.

As much as they wish it were otherwise, I think a lot of musicians who keep at
it have accepted this limitation.  After all, the last time I saw Dee perform
was in a small room in London O.  He and the organizers knew better than to try
to fill a MegaDome.

Jim in Detroit