[klaatumail] Re: Bose (and ribbons)

  • From: Tom Warfel <jeffandtom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:08:39 -0700 (PDT)

Tom Warfel here.
I have a pair of Bose Acoustimas 5's from the 80's which still sound better
than
anything else in the price range.  I would not part with them.

Just sayin.

________________________________
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 05:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: dean thut <deansmilkco@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [klaatumail] Re: It`s not me.

    No offense taken Bill.

   I guess I didn`t notice the difference right away because the only way I had
listened to it was in my car(crappy sound system) and with the headphones
through my computer (which sounded pretty good). Then I wanted my son to hear
Prelude and when it came toward the end I couldn`t believe how Dee`s guitar
seemed to just blend in with everything else. Very disappointing.

    BTW, I have a Wave Radio that sounds pretty good.

Dean Thut

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:55:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Tobolski <marc_tobolski@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [klaatumail] Riffing on Bose (was: It`s not me.)

Years ago the beef with Bose was that they seemed to boost the bass and muddy
up
the mid-range a bit.  I think that is far less prevalent now.  Back then, when
seemingly no one was enhancing bass frequencies this gave Bose space to
distinguish themselves from other sound sources.  For many, the increase in
bass
gave things a more warm and active feel.  The trade off was not true sound
reproduction.  Or less true.  Because I think the discussion is endless as to
who/what/if anything does 'true sound reproduction'.
I have always believed that Bose is over-priced for what it delivers, then and
now.

Anyway, the above thoughts are my personal thoughts and opinions based upon my
experiences and impressions alone.

Marc

________________________________

------------------------------

From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [klaatumail] Re: Riffing on Bose (was: It`s not me.)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:26:48 +0000

I personally do not care for the sound of BOSE speakers, never have.  I know
people who swear by the sound.  I don't see it.

As for the wave radio, I've never liked the sound of them.  They sell an awful
lot of them at really outrageously high prices, so someone must like the sound
of them. I don't.

Regards.

Dave Bradley

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:39:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ron Balliet <lunarsurface@xxxxxxxxx>

Best speakers I have heard are Cerwin Vega's...I have them in my boom room and
hear things that I didn't hear before....and Klaatu especially sounds
stupendous!!!

------------------------------

From: "Steve" <stevey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:20:00 +1000

I agree. The remastered Hope in Pro logic 11 surround sounds fantastic on my
Cerwin Vegas

Steve

Best speakers I have heard are Cerwin Vega's...I have them in my boom room
and I hear things that I didn't hear before....and Klaatu especially sounds
stupendous!!!

End of klaatumail Digest V4 #70