[klaatumail] Beatles re-issues collectibles

  • From: dean thut <deansmilkco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:49:44 -0800 (PST)

  With all this Beatles re-issue talk, I just had to go and get the final
cd that I wanted from that. Rubber Soul. As usual the sound is great but I was
kind of disappointed with at least one mix. I always enjoyed the fade out of
"The Word". The groove of that rythm is just great but I seem to remember the
ending of that song going on for a little longer. It just seems to do an abrupt
fade.

    As far as the mono box, Amazon says they have about thirty of them in stock
and actually 3 used for 5 bucks off. What a bargain. There is also one listed
as collectible for $560. It doesn`t say what`s so special about it though.

    Speaking of collectibles, I also picked up a book called Beatles Gear by a
guy named Andy Babiuk. It`s not as good as Recording The Beatles, but it is
pretty informative. It seems that McCartneys Hofner isn`t the only ultra
collectible. If you had Johns first 58 Rickenbacker or Georges Gretsch Duo Jet
you may not have to work again. Both of these guitars are still in the hands of
family member btw.(Yoko and Olivia)

 Dean Thut
(((((Deans Milk Co.)))))
http://www.myspace.com/deansmilkcom