[klaatumail] Amazon CD sales

  • From: klaatu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:26:22 -0400

Note to self: Put solo stuff on Amazon, and do it before Jaimie beats me to the
punch.

Advertising in CD booklet: I say brilliant!  In-pack advertising and trailers
have helped bring the price of DVDs down (it started with Beta and VHS, of
course). The next step would be a complete product tie-in - the CD includes a
coupon for $1 off a health/beauty item, and that same item has an on-pack
coupon for a dollar off the new CD.  Ask Disney whether it works.  As long as
the sponsor doesn't control the content, I say go for it.  Some CDs have had
limited advertising in the past - McCartney even put out a CD that was an ad
for Fidelity Investments.  You have the various "exclusive" deals to sell at
Starbucks, WalMart, or Best Buy.  All of those are forms of advertising, too.

Jim in Detroit
Media Whore