[kismac] Re: b/g networks (was: cheap Prism2 USB)

  • From: "Lawrence Bean" <lbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:17:49 -0400

kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Prism2 cards are actually b only,
>and the network is only in g traffic.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. So, the answer to my question is that I
should find a known "b" wireless hub to practice and ensure my
installation works.

In the kismac web gui, there does not appear to be anything that
identifies b/g. I see "supported rates", but all are listed for this hub
1,2,5.5,11,6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54

I would guess a b-only network would only list 1,2,5.5,11(?), but is it
possible to tell from this line if a network is a b/g hybrid?

If it is possible for passive sniffing to tell whether the network is
b-only, g-only, or b/g compatable, could this be a "data item" included in
future revisions of the gui? How does one properly submit such a feature
request to the developers?