[kismac] Re: (a/)b/g card

  • From: Eric Smith <ericsm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:50:34 -0500

I've been playing around with Kismac for a while now, and although I've been
very impressed with it's sniffing ability, I've had less than stellar
results in the WEP cracking department.

I have my own wireless network set up, and to test out Kismac I decided to
do a nice wordlist attack.  Although I had plenty of packets, and the key
was in my word list, it found nothing, and told me the word wasn't in the
list etc.

I've got an Orinoco gold card I'm sniffing with on a G4 Powerbook.  The
access point I'm running my tests against is an Airport Express.  I'm
running 10.3.4, and have the 12.a version of Kismac.

This also mirrors what I've found when running Kismac against other access
points in the past.  Anyone have any ideas?

-Eric

Eric Smith
Info Tech Prof.
304 Stakman