[kismac] Weak Scheduling Attack on 128bit WEP

  • From: Kroeschi@xxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 13:35:20 +0100

Hi guys,

first thank you for the great great job you are doing with this nice little
peace of software. ItŽs awesome.

I use Kismac on my PB 15'' with a D-Link DWL-122 USB dongle for passiv
scanning. I testet the r65 and r75 version with the dwl-122 and everything
(Deauthentication, Authentication flood and packet reinjection) works quit well.

I tested it on my own WLAN Network. It is a D-Link 514 802.11b Router with ssid
hidden and a 128bit WEP key. I was able to collect about 100.000 Unique IVŽs in
about 10 mins. Really great. So I collected about 600.000 IVŽs and tried to
cracking following these:

1) Newsham attack: didnt worked

2) Tried the weak scheduling attack on "both": Cracking unsuccessfull (btw. is
it really doing a 104bit attack when choosing this?)

3) Weak scheduling attack against 104bit: It started and never ended. I
Canceled it manually

How long does it take the weak scheduling attack against a 104bit key? How many
keys must be checked? I collected 600.000 IVŽs isnt it enough? Is there a
better way cracking it? Maybe save the dump and try cracking it with aircrack
2.4?

What do u thing about it? What are your experiences?

Regards,

chino

Jetzt gratis testen! *http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130*
[http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130]