[kismac] Re: WAP Map?

  • From: mike ellsworth <nachobel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:08:11 -0400

I successfully cracked a WEP key that was set up on a linksys router using one of the attacks in KisMac. I only have one card, so it wasn't any of the sophisticated ones.

It's useful to note that the access point was my friends, and we were testing to see how hard it would be to break in. It only took me about an hour of packet collecting while he was actively using his connection.

Ethereal displays all sorts of interesting goodies...

mike
On Apr 28, 2004, at 12:15 PM, Jake Barnes wrote:

I've never had any success with the wep cracking features on KisMac, despite collecting lots of packets (though not weak ones). Can anybody report any different?

Jake.