[kismac] Re: Tripmate

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:00:54 +0200

>When I left for work it was saying "Position is not reliable" but by the
>time I got to work it had stopped doing that. Nothing ever showed up on
>the Map tab though. I thought it would plot coordinates on the screen. Do
>I have to find a map from somewhere and load it first?

A map can be anything graphical. Also a white empty block of pixels
:-) Calibrate your map using 2 known points, that might as well be
the upper left and lower right corner of that block of white pixels.
Make sure you have the coordinates for calibration such that you are
in between them, both NS and EW- wise. Then check 'show trace' and
'show current location'. You should have a 'breathing' red dot in the
middle, where you are and you should see a blue trace around; don't
calibrate a long distance area, e.g. only 1kmx1km.
  Maybe the white empty area could be a feature in the future, rather
than 'no map'.

Ard