[kismac] Thanks To KisMac

  • From: Severed Dreams <severed.dreams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:49:23 -0700

I don't know if this is the place to share this or not, but I just
wanted say
that KisMac really helped out my girlfriend and I recently.

After spending three quarters of a week driving across Canada, we
arrived in Vancouver, B.C..  Being new to the city, we didn't really
have much of a clue what to do or where to go.  So I fired up KisMac,
found a whole lot of hot spots, and was able to download maps of
the city, the local apartment classifieds, and even e-mail my friends
back home to let them know that we had made it safe and sounds.
All this from the passenger seat of the car.  Then using my cell phone
to follow up on all the information that I was able to yank off the net
using the access points that I was able to find with KisMac, I was able
to get my girlfriend and I up and running in a brand new city in less
than 24 hours.

This was the easiest move I've ever made.  Thanks Mick for all of
your hard work on the software.