[kismac] Re: Lucent WaveLAN gold - versions

  • From: Mark Grimes <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 00:14:46 -0700

Or not... hmmmm

PC Cards can be accessed through Virtual PC only through it's shared
services.  For example if the Mac is configured to access the web via a
networking PC Card, then Virtual PC can also access the web through
Shared IP.  If such a thing as a PC Card hard drive exists, then VPC
could access that via a Shared Folder.  Virtual PC cannot access PC
Card devices directly.

It would seem you would need direct access to the device, ala the
keyspan adapter through both osx driver to get it recognized by vpc,
and the windoze xp driver to get it recognized in the virtual machine
for the garmin update util.  Perhaps this would work through a USB
PCMCIA reader?

Probably be worth testing, tough to do if you don't happen to have an
x86 laptop running native windows (2 evils!)

Mark