[kismac] KisMac sees more stuff than kismet

  • From: Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:22:10 +0200

Hi,

Recently I installed Debian on my old Lombard PB. While playing around with kismet and airodump (part of aircrack) I found out that the Linux tools find only very few APs compared to KisMac/GTDriver using the same Netgear PrismGT card.

The only parameter which I adjusted is the channel hopping time (2s). I'm surprised that there could be a difference. What is KisMac doing different (better ;-)) than these Linux tools? Is the rfmon mode of the prism54 driver eating up packets?

Cheers, Beat

--
Beat ZAHND
Physics Institute