[kismac] Re: Atheros 5424 status

  • From: "Luke Turner" <luketurner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 03:47:30 -0800

I'm pretty sure any intel mac with the core2duo refresh has the atheros, am
I mistaken?

On 1/14/07, Daniel <dbr42@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 12 janv. 07 à 21:04, David Kitts a écrit :

> Is this just a problem with macbooks, or all intel based airport
> extreme's? I can't seem to get the one on my iMac purchased just
> last  month to work, even after trying all steps in the wki.

I think iMac have Broadcom based airport (ioreg -l to check it),
while macbook (at least recents) have Atheros based airport.

I finaly managed to make it work - I had (have to check if it is the
only thing) to launch a tcpdump after starting capture :
the tcpdump turns en1 into promisc mode, which was missing