[kerneltech] a question about the virtual address space memory layout

  • From: Jiaqiang Xu <xjqhust03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kerneltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:22:38 +0800

I just noticed that in my local i386 machine with kernel version 2.6.22 the
ld and libc.so files are memory mapped between heap and stack area.
However in some other lab machines, file&anonymous memory mapping regions
are mapped before 0x08048000(in the top 128M region normally reserved for
catching null pointer dereference).  I am wondering the reason why they did
this.

jq