[karc] Re: balloon

  • From: Steve Cutway <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:51:56 -0400

Hi all:

If KARC wants to complain formally, which we may, the first point of contact would be the students' academic supervisor. I asked his name at the February meeting where they presented the project but I can't remember his name. Any formal complaint would have to be made officially by the President on behalf of the Club and it would have to be done quickly. As I have said at the last few breakfasts, this week is the final week of classes. All presentations of the type this group is doing are usually made during the final week of classes. Groups may have additional time to submit their written reports. Les, if you need contact info for the department head, contact me at work.

I'm also saddened to read your experiences with the solar car project, Max. Your company certainly had recourse.

And people wonder why I'm looking forward to early retirement. Even though I'm a Queen's alumnus, I will be the first to say that all is not what the university would like the Kingston community to believe.

That said, and it's unfortunate that I have to say this, but we are dealing with 20-year-olds.

Cheers & 73,

Steve VE3KC