[karc] USS North Carolina

  • From: <ve3go@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Nangle <ve3clq@xxxxxxxxx>, Frontenac Emcomm <frontenac.emcomm@xxxxxxxxx>, Dave Murphy <ve3hfx@xxxxxxx>, George Kennedy <ghkennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, herbert Walsh <ve3kbw@xxxxxxxxx>, "karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:10:22 +0000

Hi,

   I will be at the stations for the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial
again this year. Last year they operated 20 and 40 metres ssb and 20 cw. They
may be on oither bands this year. Some of the guys from the Grand Starnd
amateur Radio Club are goin up as well.  Hopefully, I can fill out qsls for
this year's contacts onthe day. I have last year's info for qsls.

They plan to operate from 1000 to 1800 but shut down earlier last year. Time
will depend on the propogation and temperaeture in the ship.

The station may be on a bit before 1000 to test and claim a frequency. They are
a bonus station so it will be busy.  CAll is NI4BK.

Hope to hear everyone or at least know you are in the log book.

Ron VE3GO