[karc] Re: Soften Rockmite Side tone

  • From: Valveman <valveman_6146@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

For the power jack, you can use a piece of heat shrink to prevent shorting.
Yes I noticed the thump.  This is due to the switching from RX to TX.  This can
also be reduced significantly by adding a RC circuit with quick response to
temporarily send the audio to ground for a fraction of a second during
switchover.  I will look at the thump on my digital storage scope and see if I
can come up with a solution.  Then the mods will work much better with no thump.

Thanks for bringing this up Phil.

More to follow
 Robert Parker
VE3RPF