[karc] Radio Frequencies

  • From: Ron Walsh <ve3go@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, George Kennedy <ghkennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John S.-Taylor" <va3gst@kos>, "Eldon D. Switzer..(VA3HGO/ VE3HGO)" <va3ve3hgo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, brian ferguson <brianf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:20:58 -0500

Hi,
 Just a few non amateur radio frequencies you might like to monitor.

CNR railway is still using the following frequencies in this area.

161.205  Dispatch
161.415 Front to Back
160.455   used for a phone call recently

OPP for analog scanners

410.8625 onboard repeater is still analog and can be heard at a fair range sometimes.

Medevac 129.275 is active and you can hear the medevac helicopter from quite a range. They now use this in our area as well.
HF

Canadian Marine east coast stations can be heard on 2182 kHz USb with weather on 2598 or 2749 kHz USb as announced.

Bermuda Radio can be heard on 2582 kHz usb at 0035 Gmt ( 1935 local) and every four hours there after, with weather and notices.

USCG camslant Chesapeake, Va and Camspac Point Reyees California can be heard on 8983 USb and 5696 Usb communicating with aircraft. Useful when searches are in effect. 8983 is supposed to be the daytime frequency but I have heard both used at times.

Canadian coastal SAR  is on 5717 USb. with others announced when needed.

USCG weather broadcasts can be heard on 6501 Usb using a computer voice called Perfect Paul. I have heard Chesapeake, Point Reyes and Kodiak Alaska on this at night. Kodiak is at 0230 Z

There are other frequencies and a complete schedule an be obtained from a google Search of USCG weather broadcast.

canadian yachter and amateur Herb Hilgenberg, known as Southbound II, his yachts name , gives daily weather to ships in the Atlantic on 12395 and 8794 kHz USb. Starts around 1500 local. Heard yachts today but no Herb opn 12395. This is the only private commercial station in Canada licenced to a man and he gives daily weather to yachts. Look him up under a google search and it is quite a story.

Historic Marine Station KSM was on the air Saturday. They are looking for reports. They run cw and also rtty brodadcasts. I was able to copy both yesterday. You can check out this station by a google search of Marine radio Station KSM. Statio is manned and operated by the Marine radio Historical Society. (MRHS) You can join their bulletin list adn have advanced notice of their operations.

Just some interesting non amateur listening available on your gear.