[karc] Marine radio Licence Course for ARES

  • From: <ve3go@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <busht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 01:12:05 +0000

Hi,   I am doing a marine radio licence course for Frontenac County ARes and
invite all club members who wish to have a marine radio licence to join the
group. The course will take Place at the qth of David VE3DZE at 1900 on
November 24th.

The class should take less than three hours and you then have a Restricted
Operator's Certificate- Marine (ROC-M) This allows you to operate many licenced
marine vhf radio and hf radio on pleasure craft or small commercial vessels.

The cost is $ 18.00 per person. This is an administrative fee charged by the
Power adn Sail squadron who handle the paper work for the licence now. I do not
make anything from doing this course.

Anyone who already has this licence and wishes to have the DSC ( Digital
Selective Calling ) endorsement update, which is part of the new licence, can
also attend the course but bring a photo copy of their old licence to send in.

Please contact Bill VE3CLQ or myseld Ron, VE3GO to get on the course.

Ron, VE3GO