[karc] Re: GLONASS coverage and orbit

  • From: "CJ Chapman" <va3kgb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 05:29:10 -0800

I wasn't there at breakfast so missed the conversation.
NAVSTAR which is the American system has global cobverage and is what our GPS
systems decode.
There are some of the newer smart phones and tablets that will use both NAVSTAR
and GLONASS
Very interesting reading especially if you start going to all the external links

GLONASS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLONASS

NAVSTAR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System