[karc] Fw: [RSARS Members] ANDORRA C3/EA5AVL ACTIVITY

  • From: "Terry M" <va3trm1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "karc freelist" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:26:19 -0400

Received this from G4OHX, for those of you who chase DX
Terry,VA3TRM

Hello folks and Net Controllers,

I shall be active from C3, Andorrra from Friday 19th (am) to Monday 22nd Sept
(am).  As there has not been any RSARS activity from there for 42 years, I
suspect it will be a new RSARS Country for most members.

Over the past four weeks I have been studying conditions to the UK on 20/17 and
15 meters, the only band showing reliable daily propagation is 20 METERS,
therefore I shall ONLY USE THAT BAND as per the listed schedule.

Radio is ICOM 756 PRO3 100 Watts, the antennas will be:

1.  HOMEBREW HELICAL FISHING POLE FOR THE CAR, 20M
2.  VERTICAL TELESCOPIC ALLOY GROUND MOUNTED 20/17/15/12/10 METERS HOME BREW
3.  20 METER HORIZONTAL DIPOLE OF TWIN 300 OHM RIBBON HOME BREW
4.  Owing to present low conditions, I am at present constructing a light
weight VK2ABQ portable, two element beam, which I hope to erect at 20ft,
rotatable.

The mobile operation will be static, from high ground in the Pyrenees and the
portable operation will be from the log cabin which we are staying in, with the
2 element VK2ABQ beam, so it will be either C3/EA5AVL/M.  (STATIC ONLY)
operating from the car, or C3/EA5AVL/P from the log cabin on mains 220 Volt
supply.

If all goes according to plan, the operation will be as follows:

QSL

All QSLING via RSARS Buro. All cards received will be QSL'd via RSARS

C3/EA5AVL/P ANDORRA C3/EA5AVL/M

INTENDED SCHEDULE

CW 14.056--------SSB 14.143

PLUS OR MINUS 2 K/cs

      Thursday 18 September

     Drive to Andorra – 400 miles approx. 8 hrs.  Set up base location erect
two el. beam if possible.

      Friday 19 September
     0800 - 1000Z

      1600 - 1800Z

     Looking for RSARS, UK

      Saturday 20 September
     0600 – 0900Z                   in the morning   =

      1600 – 1800Z
     First hour looking for VK/ZL/VE

      UK

      Sunday 21 September
     0600 – 0900Z                   in the morning   =

      1600 - 1800Z
     First hour looking for VK/ZL/VE

      UK

      Monday 22 September
     0600 – 0800Z                   QRT
     First hour looking for VK/ZL/VE/UK

IF POSSIBLE LOOKING FOR VE3-VE7 AROUND 2200-2300Z

14 hours operation from base station if possible.  I shall also be static
mobile, from high locations in Andorran Pyrenees, as and when, daylight hours
same frequencies.  If conditions prove to be favourable, I shall favour SSB QRG
for non CW RSARS members.

 Not on email from 8th to 15th September -  ALEXIA ON HOLIDAY

Good hunting

Cheers  Les EA5AVL 506 G3WMZ

15:30