[karc] Re: Food for thought??

  • From: Steve Cutway <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:33:59 -0500

Hi Les:

Interesting article and idea, new perhaps to newer hams but not to
those of us who've been around for awhile. We had such a scheme in
place in the '70s and '80s. It wasn't as formal as the article
suggests but it didn't have to be because people monitored the
repeater in ways we don't now. We didn't have the distractions we
have now: computers, cell phones, large screen TVs and perhaps most
important, age. Excuses, of course and I'm as guilty as everyone else
for not answering calls.

The article raises another conversation point that I'm interested in
as Net Manager. If there aren't more participants with more to say
than "no traffic ... just a bean for the pot ...", it too soon will be history.

Cheers & 73s,

Steve VE3KC