[karc] Re: Five important security apps for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows

  • From: "Odette & Gerry" <wilky73@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:16:03 -0400

Note for Linux enthusiasts

version Ubuntu 8.04 with Long Term Support (LTS) is due for release on April 27-28th. Features include installation and removal without re-partitioning your Hard drive, and dual booting into either WIndows or Linux.

You can also operate it from a CD (similar to Knoppix)(without installation to your system) a bit slower, but works well on most conventional and older systems too!

Download is about 700 Mbytes as an ISO image.(better have high speed for that). I tried the 8.04 (Beta) version last month and found it very acceptable on a P3, 766 mhz older machine in my ham shack.

Cheers from VE3APF Belleville.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Cutway" <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>