[karc] FW: [hflink] WF9XJD - Experimental Station - Operating Schedule - 2 Feb 2012

  • From: les.lindstrom lindstrom <les.lindstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:24:29 -0500

For all that may be interested to see if spread spectrum can co-exist with
other modes.Forwarded for your information

Les Lindstrom
VE3KFS/CIW650
Kingston
613 634 4247

 To: digitalradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 30MDG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
TBD160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; hflink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ka1gmn@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:18:45 -0600
Subject: [hflink] WF9XJD - Experimental Station - Operating Schedule - 2 Feb
2012

      Fellow operators,

Experimental station, WF9XJD, will be making spread spectrum transmissions
based on the following schedule:

Note - Dial frequencies.

Date:  02 Feb 2012

Time: 0000Z - 0155Z
Frequencies(MHz): 10.132(primary ), 10.133 (alt #1), and 10.134MHz (alt #3)

Modes:   ROS16/500, ROS8/500, ROS4/500
Bandwidth:  .5 KHz

ROS Version: 6.9.0
Transceiver:   Flex 5000A

Transmitter Power:  .5 to 25 Watts

Date:  02 Feb 2012
Time: 0200Z - 0355Z

Frequencies(MHz): 7055(Primary), 7.039(alt #1), 7044(alt #2), 7115(alt #3)
Modes:   ROS 16/500, ROS 8/500, ROS 8/500, ROS16/2000, ROS8/2000, ROS4/2000

Bandwidth:  <=2.5 KHz

Date:  02 Feb 2012

Time: 0400Z - 0600Z
Frequencies(MHz): 3.583(Primary), 3.585, 3.595

Modes:   ROS16/2000, ROS8/2000, ROS4/2000
Bandwidth:  <=2.5 KHz

ROS Version: 6.9.0
Transceiver:   Flex 5000A

Transmitter Power:  .5 to 25 Watts

Activities Planned:
(1) Check frequency occupancy by other services. If occupied, move to
alternate #1 frequency. If alternate #1 is occupied move to the
alternate #2. Terminate operations if all planned frequencies are
occupied.

(2) Test of CW functions - station identification/announcement.

(3) Test of announcement messages via ROS along with CW identification.

(4) Transmissions at incremental power levels.  Monitoring stations
providing reports.  Determine minimum power levels to maintain error
free copy.

(5)  As time permits, exchange of messages with other stations
operating under a Part 5 STA and stations outside US .

Description of WF9XJD?s Operation

The station is operating under an STA granted by the FCC Experimental License
Service to experiment with spread spectrum on the HF and VHF bands assign to
the Amateur Radio Service(ARS).  The control operator of the station is Phil
Williams, KA1GMN. The goal of this experiment is to determine if spread
spectrum can co-exist with other emission types authorized in the ARS.

The ROS MODEM is one of the spread spectrum modes that will be transmitted
during the operation of the station.  Depending on the operating frequency, the
bandwidth of the ROS MODEM can range from .500 to 2.5KHz.  The signal is
transmitted much like any other digital mode using a SSB transceiver that is
operating upper single sideband (USB). Two model of radios have been authorized:

Flex-Radio  Flex 5000A

Yaesu         FT-857D

Interference from WF9XJD
One of the stipulations of the the Special Temporary Authorization (STA), is
that the station is on the amateur radio frequencies strictly on a secondary
basis.  This experimental station cannot interfere with any other service.  If
I am notified of interference, I must cease operations immediately.  If you
suspect that I am causing interference, please contact me immediately.  The
first thing I will do is stop transmitting.  Please help me mitigate the
interference issue by providing date, times,  and frequencies of the
interference.  You don?t have to gather up these details when you initially
suspect that I am causing interference,  that can be gathered up later.

Contact Information:

WF9XJD
Phil Williams
ka1gmn@xxxxxxxxx
cell: 469.682.5393

How to participate in WF9XJD?s Experimental Operation
Monitoring stations play an important role in this experiment by providing
signal reports to the experimental stations. We are looking for a many
monitoring station to participate as possible.  Monitoring stations will decode
and send decode data transmission using the ROS MODEM application.  You can
download the ROS application here:

http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/

The ROS MODEM application will decode the ROS transmissions and provide
detailed signal reports.  An example of the decoded text is how below:

RX8: 18:01 @ 0.0 Hz: CQ  CQ  de  WF9XJD  WF9XJD <CRC-OK> -9 dB  WF9XJD  WF9XJD
miles @ 043  14.101 Mhz

RX8  - Baud rate used.

18:00 - Time of when signal received and start of decoding.
@ 0.0 Hz - Center frequency error

<CRC-OK> - Signal decode with no errors.
-9 dB - Signal to Noise ratio of decoded signal

@ 43 - Bearing of transmitting station.
14.101 MHz - Dial frequency

The are two methods of forwarding the signal reports to WF9XJD.  The first
method is to manually send the signal reports to:

wf9xjd@xxxxxxxxx

Signal reports can simply be copied from the receive window of the ROS
application and e-mailed to wf9xjd@xxxxxxxxx .  Please ensure that you send the
completely decoded transmission:

Correct - RX8: 18:01 @ 0.0 Hz: CQ  CQ  de  WF9XJD  WF9XJD <CRC-OK> -9 dB WF9XJD
 WF9XJD miles @ 043  14.101 Mhz

No so correct - CQ  CQ  de  WF9XJD  WF9XJD <CRC-OK>

You may also decode ROS transmissions with errors <BAD-CRC>.  These reports are
equally important:

RX8: 15:01 @ -23.4 Hz: Cqt | de hIomQCN de IZ2QCN in JN45oq kca <BAD-CRC> -18
dB  5324 miles @ 043  21.110 Mhz

The second option is to enable automatic forwarding of  signal reports to
wf9xjd@xxxxxxxxxx This feature requires configuration of the ROS application.
Details on how to configure this feature is described later is this message
under the title, ?ROS Automated Signal Reporting?.

You contribution of signal report will help determine what power levels are
necessary for successful decoding the spread spectrum signal.

Thank you for taking the time to participate in this experiment.  You
contributions are greatly appreciate.  Please feel free to send me questions
about the operation of WF9XJD that you may have.

73 from Texas,

Phil Williams

Control Operator, WF9XJD
ka1gmn@xxxxxxxx

--
Phil KA1GMN
Experimental Station - WF9XJD

    __._,_.___

          Reply to sender |

          Reply to group |
                Start a New Topic

                Messages in this topic
          (1)

      Recent Activity:

      New Members
      17

    Visit Your Group

      GLOBAL ALE HIGH FREQUENCY NETWORK (HFN) http://hflink.net

*ALWAYS DELETE the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before replying *

*Sign your message with your NAME and/or CALLSIGN *

This is a private communication intended only for members of HFLINK.

 (c)2011 HFLINK (tm)

--

To TURN OFF HFLINK EMAIL, send an email to:

 hflink-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To TURN OFF EMAIL, but still get HFLINK SPECIAL NOTICES, go to:

,

  Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest ? Unsubscribe ? Terms of Use

  .