[karc] Re: Eric's Raspberry Pi presentation

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:06:32 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm sure everyone who attended the meeting joins me in thanking Eric for an
> enthusiastic and informative presentation.
If we haven't already done so, I would suggest we invite Eric to become a
member of the KARC Freelist.
Eric certainly provided an extremely interesting presentation on the Raspberry
Pi. But I think it was his infectious enthousiasm and keen sense of
experimentation that was the most impressive. I think we should build on this
enthousiasm, and experiment with interesting ways to use the Raspberry Pi and
other related technologies in our ham radio hobby. We need lots more of this
sense of experimentation in high technology coupled with basic electronics to
restore much of the excitement that seems to have been derailed by the
Internet, computers, smart-phones, etc. And for those that think that these
Raspberry Pi, Arduino and similar gadgets are too difficult, then I hope that
Eric has dispelled this myth. The best way is to try it. You will quickly see
how easy it is, and how addicting it can be.

Thank you Eric.

... Phil VE3HST