[karc] Echo link

  • From: Brian Allen <va3haw@xxxxxx>
  • To: Kingston Amateur Radio Club <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:01:06 -0600

Hi everyone, I tried for almost an hour today to make contact to test my echo
link and got no response. I'm wondering if the node is working? I can hear the
repeater just fine. Of course I couldn't jump in to the conversation that was
taking place at the time either because no one was leaving a break.

     With IRLP and Echolink on the repeater I suggest that operators should
leave a pause between exchanges so operators on the links can get in. You never
know what old friend might be wanting to say hi.

Brian
VA3HAW