[karc] CW net

  • From: VA3OL <va3ol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:03:03 -0700 (PDT)

The net last nite was on 3.542 mhz and we had two checkins. For those of you
who were listening...Well; I varied the speed way to much [ we went from about
8 wpm to 18 wpm later in the net] ; but when you have two checkins who you know
can copy 15 or 20 wpm..... well the pace gets sped up a bit ......Moral of this
story is: Check in! Tell me that you were listening but didn't want to checkin.
Show me that you want a slow speed net.

If I only get checkins who I know are capable of 15 or 20 wpm then the net will
switch to a higher speed once I am satisfied that there has been a chance for
you to checkin.  So you have to tell me that you were listening and that you
would like XX speed maintained. [do that to my private email; not to the list].

This net is for the new / hesitent users/ slow speed operators BUT if you don't
let your needs be known......... then I may as well speed up and get my
practise in.......

Bill, VA3OL
Kingston, ON

http://mail.yahoo.com