[karc] Re: ARRL FIELD DAY 2015

  • From: Larissa Reise <ve3kgc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 13:18:46 -0400

Hi folks,

Just wanted to chime in here.

Let me know what amenities you wish for me to have available.
Specifically, although I do not (yet) have an antenna tower, we do
have an open backyard ringed by trees, and two decks. I generally
hang my antennas off the upstairs deck. We have several collapsible
tables that can be positioned anywhere convenient.

In addition, we do have a BBQ available if anyone wants to bring
things over to grill :) We cab have soft drinks and water available
and offer up the use of our kitchen and grill, but we don't have plans
to provide meals (it' all bring your own)

If anyone wanted to operate overnight and just camp out here there's
loads of room for tents and I have several I can loan too :)

I've built my TNC-X while away on location in Wainwright so I may well
be able to set up a "mobile" packet station for demonstration
purposes. For giggles I could even set it up "off-grid" at the far
end of the yard, to demonstrate how portable these things can be.
(I've acquired a car booster pack that I use for silent, portable
remote operation rather than a generator)

Larissa :) VE3KGC/VE6

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Carlyle Crothers
<carlylec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fellow Kingston Amateurs who are interested in attending ARRL - Kingston
Amateur Radio Club Field Day June 27.
The focus this year will be on having fun trying not just contesting, but
also trying different modes and different antennas.

In order to start getting organized I ask that those interested in
participating in the event hang for a short discussion right after the
normal Tuesday night net this coming week on Tuesday May 19th approx 20 hrs
edt, (8pm).

This year it will be held at Larissa's, VE3KGC, near Harrowsmith.

We are looking for ideas and possibility of working various modes such as:

CW, PSK, FSK, JT65, Packet, Satellite, and of course SSB, AM,FM

Looking forward to connecting Tuesday after the net.

73's

Carlyle VE3WIO