[kanchilug] problem in scheduling script using /etc/cron.d

  • From: etika ahuja <etikaahuja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:02:16 +0530

hey

iam try to schedule my job in a file made in /etc/cron.d file as follows

* * * * * tomcat6 /home/etika/Desktop/eka.sh
/home/etika/Desktop/ea/etika.txt abc@xxxxxxxxx

where eka.sh belongs to etika which is the root and etika.txt belong to
tomcat6
this command is not running

iam confused about the name of the owner written after the *'s

please tell me whose name is written after the *'s(the schedule of the
script) the owner of the script or the owner of the file which iam passing
as an argument to the shell script