[kanchilug] How to contribute to NetworkManager (or nm-applet)

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:19:59 +0530

Since NetworkManager (and all of the attached parts; VPN plugins,
clients, backend...) is such a complex system, we're always looking
for people to help out in whichever way they can.

One of the things I'd like to focus on this cycle (even if this
announcement should have come long ago), is test cases and generally
getting a good grasp of what works and what doesn't with NM, the
clients, or plugins. Test cases are useful for us to know that things
are performing as they should and even more important where
development snapshots are involved, given the "in flux" nature of the
code we're providing users. It's not that it's unstable code really
(in fact, it's clearly not... 0.8 is now a stable branch that got tons
of bug fixes, and seems rock solid if I believe the type and number of
reports we get). Still, I'm interested to know about failures. That's
partly why I wrote a number of test cases on the Desktop Testing Team
tracker. There's a need for more though, and that's where the help of
the community comes in.

Read More here:
http://blog.cyphermox.net/2011/01/how-to-contribute-to-networkmanager-or.html

--