[kanchilug] Fwd: [chennai.rb] Chennai.rb Meetup - Nov 13

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 17:33:07 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Nithin" <nithinbekal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Nov 2011 17:07
Subject: [chennai.rb] Chennai.rb Meetup - Nov 13
To: <chennairb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We'll have the next chennai.rb meetup tomorrow! The event will once again
be hosted at the offices of Chronus at Guindy.

*When*: Sunday, November 13, 2011. 2:00 PM.
*Where*: Chronus, RR Towers 3 (1st floor), TVK Industrial Estate, Guindy
(Phone – 044 – 43099613)
[Map<http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=13.013718,80.210004&sll=13.01371,80.210227&sspn=0,0&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=19&iwloc=near>,
Building photo <http://www.flickr.com/photos/balu/50738113/in/photostream/>]

*Talks*

   - *Anand Muthukrishnan* will continue the series of presentations on *Design
   Patterns.*
   - *Satyaram BV* will talk about *Design of Activity Feeds*.

More about the talks, as posted by Anand and Satyaram in the other thread:

 *Design Patterns* (Anand):
*
*
* 1. Observer pattern*
* 2. Composite pattern*
* 3. Adapter Pattern** (If time permits)*
* 4. Proxy/Decorator pattern.*

*Design of Activity Feed* (Satyaram)

*"My idea is to discuss a commonly faced problem for which we generally go
with a compromised solution. "Design of Activity Feed" is some thing that
is top in my list. How about having a brain storming session on it?*"

Do join us tomorrow at Chronus. And spread the word to your co-workers and
friends who might be interested to attend!

--Nithin