[kanchilug] Fwd: Actions Required in this new year

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:43:00 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Subject: Actions Required in this new year
To: ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We had a discussion on the actions required by ILUGC in this new year,
in the January Month Meeting.

The following are the details we received from the participants.

--------------
Have to conduct follow up sessions in the colleges

Training about IRC
Online training sessions via IRC

Workshops for
Blender,GIMP and other multimedia Tools
SciLAB, Octave, Sage like engineering Tools
Linux From Scratch
Diaspora
Kernel Compiling

Conferences:
FossConf
Earning Money with FOSS

Sessions on more Schools
FOSS Labs in Schools
Explore SchoolOS with some schools
Explore Gcompris like educational software

One Day Camp for Preparing FOSS LAB Manual for Anna University students

Faculty Development Programs for School Teachers and College Staff

Theme based Monthly Meetings
Extra Meetings for Theme based topics

Programming Sessions on the monthly meetings

More content on the http://ilugc.in

Move the drupal login to another page.

We need more volunteers for the above activities.
Let us plan and discuss about the events.

Please reply with more ideas.

Thanks for all the volunteers.

--
Regards,