[kanchilug] Discussion over Screencast & asciidoc

  • From: selvamani sampath <selva.infobees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kanchilug <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 21:56:05 +0530

Date : 06/ 03/ 11 Week : 82 People : 11

Time  : 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm

Location : Sri Narayana Guru School

Discussion : About Screencasting & Asciidoc

Attendees  : Elango, Priya,  Selvamani, Nagaraj, Praveen, Shrinivasan,
Balakrishnan, Dhasthagheer, Sanmugasundaram and Selvamani(myself).

New Attendee : Balaji. He is doing final year M.Sc., (IT) in
Pachayappan College of Arts & Science at Kanchipuram

As we discussed in the last week, The screencast project is going on.
Adding to that, Praveen brought a spoken-tutorial video about audacity
and ffmpeg. We learnt the audio and video editing and dubbing to the
video using Audacity GUI application and splitting the audio and video
and merging them with each other using ffmpeg command. This video is
created by spoken-tutorial project team.

After that, Mr. Shrinivasan shared the information about Lab Manual
preparation for Anna University Syllabus which was happend at MIT,
Chrompet on 5th March.

He explained an application called asciidoc, which was so helpful in
preparing Lab Manual.

AsciiDoc is a text document format for writing notes, documentation,
articles, books, ebooks, slideshows, web pages, man pages and blogs.
AsciiDoc files can be translated to many formats including HTML, PDF,
EPUB, Unix man page.

It is easy and faster way to write a documentation. To know more about
asciidoc, read this url http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/.

Booming GNU/Linux,

செல்வமணி. ச

--