[kag] Re: newbie... looking for a new receiver

  • From: Lib Mendonça <lsmendonca@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:16:27 -0500

Hey Sir-Cache-a-Lot,

Boy will you get tired of typing that in all the time! >grin<

I don't feel qualified to talk about Magellan products, I've never used
them, but in the price range you've quoted you should have no trouble
getting a good Garmin eTrex model. There's been a rash of GPS MAP60CS
purchases lately so you might find a Legend or a Vista model available for
under $200. Check the groundspeak forums marketplace page for 'bargains'.

Whatever model you settle on should have lots of memory so that you can
download maps. This is very handy locally, but extremely valuable if you're
traveling in my experience.  The map software is often available from other
geocachers.

Good luck, and I hope to see you at the "Did I cache your name? 26 Feb.
2005" Event cache.

Bluelamb03