[kag] Re: [geoqueont] Info Required

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:34:19 -0400 (EDT)

I think those are tapes for a floppy tape drive. I don't think anybody would know what to do with them if they found them in a cache.

I've got an old Colorado floppy tape drive, but it's very noisy and takes all night to fill a tape! These days people are more likely to back up their data on cds.

(geeky side note: it's called a floppy tape drive because it uses the same protocol. Most of them plug into your printer port.)

Hoover

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Zartimus wrote:

I don't know, you'd need some pretty specific old hardware to make use of them. I'm not even sure what that would be. What are they 120mm DAT?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lloyd Baker" <binrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <Geoqueont@xxxxxxxx> Cc: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:24 PM Subject: [geoqueont] Info Required

I have come upon a slight windfall. I have procured a quantity of Imation/3M MC3000XL Taumat 1.38GB Mini Data Cartridges. If I use these as cache goodies are there some people who still use these? They are brand new and still in the factory sealed wrapper. Anybody have any comments or suggestions about using these as cache goodies.

Binrat