[kag] Foley Mountain Meeting

  • From: "Lloyd Baker" <binrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <geoqueont@xxxxxxxx>, <oga-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:14:14 -0500

Met with Mr. Bond Strand at Foley Mountain today.  The meeting and cache
retrieval went well and all parties left on good terms.

Mr. Strands main problem was the fact that 3 of the caches were in sensitive
areas due to rare flora and fauna.

We started the afternoon with a general discussion about Geocaching and a look
at the Conservation map for Eastern Ontario and the land use/Concervation areas
marked on it, and then it was off to find the caches.  A friend of Mr. Strands
had attempted to find "Triangle" but could not find it and was surprised when I
pulled it from where he had looked before.

I also supplied him with a copy of the New York State Park Geocaching Policy
and he was very interested in their approach to geocaching.

In the end Mr. Strand is looking forward to  working with OGA to create a
Geocaching Policy and we may one day see Geocaching return to Foley Mountain.

Geogranny was with me and did her part as well, when we returned from the first
cache she had picked up every piece of garbage from around the Nature Center,
this made a good impression on Mr. Strand.

On a side note he is aware of Letterboxes that are in the park and has removed
a few of them because they were damaged, but for the most part they were
located next to a trail and this does not pose a problem at this time.

Binrat