[kag] Re: Aquaman!

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:01:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, FreeFloat wrote:
> I am quite impressed with your efforts.  Especially half-naked (as seen in
> your picture)...... in my 2mm shorty wetsuit today I was reasonably chilly!

It was a hot day. The water seemed a bit cold when I first got in, but
after I started swimming I didn't notice it anymore.

> BTW when I plotted out the coordinates for the main cache itself I floated
> my e-Trex inside a large Ziploc freezer bag ;) just in case.......
> But I didn't take my usual 5 readings and average them - I guess the
> coordinates turned out to be reasonably close?

I think so. It was hard to read the GPS inside the tupperware container so
I didn't rely on it too much. Also, I expected the arrow to be always
pointing in the wrong direction ("hold level"). I checked it maybe 3 times
while I was swimming and got to a point where it said I was within 10
meters. But when I looked down all I could see was darkness! I was ready
to give up and started swimming back to shore, when I looked down again
and saw the dock! Then I was very glad to have read the clue on the cache
page and spotted the marker a minute later. I think the cache probably was
within 10 or 15 meters of the spot where I checked the GPS.

Thanks again for the cache,
Hoover.