[KACT] Oppotunities in Chemistry and Physics

  • From: "Alan Vancil" <avancil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:05:34 -0500

Dear Friends,

This summer Fort Hays State and Emporia State are offering a great opportunity
for teachers of Chemistry and Physics.  It is training for a lab based inquiry
method of instruction called Modeling.  I am copying the informations sent to
me below.

The best part is everything is free, even the three hours of graduate credit.

I personally use this method in my classroom and would be open to visiting
with anyone who has questions.  Email me at avancil@xxxxxxxxxxx

Alan Vancil

Hi KS Modelers,

We still have openings in this summers Modeling Instruction Institute (see
below for details).  Please forward my message to anyone who you know may
benefit from Modeling and encourage them to apply.  Anything you can do to get
the message out and encourage others is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Earl

FOR PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY TEACHERS: Modeling Instruction Institute ? MI2
(pending final funding approval)

A Joint Chemistry and Physics Workshop by Fort Hays State University and
Emporia State University ? July6-23 (Monday ? Thursday).

FHSU and ESU are offering a 3-week workshop for high school physical science
teachers that enhances student learning and performance in physics and
chemistry.  Modeling improves inquiry, critical and creative thinking,
cooperative learning, use of technology in the classroom, AND it is correlated
to the science standards.  The physics portion of the workshop is being held
at FHSU, the chemistry portion at ESU.   In addition to learning this
extremely effective means of teaching science participants will receive: a
technology package, tuition scholarship, daily stipend, housing and parking,
and funds to attend KATS in 2010.  Multi-year participants will have support
to attend NSTA in 2010.  The program is limited to 24 physics and 24 chemistry
teachers.  Go to:
http://www.fhsu.edu/scimathcenter/2009%20Opportunities/index.php for more
information and an application form.  Deadline is rolling acceptance until
July 1 ? but the early bird gets the worm!

--
Twotrees WebMail Client (http://www.twotrees.com)