[KACT] OCt 11

  • From: "Janice Crowley" <jpcrowley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:24:05 -0500

Hi Kelly,

If I can have access to a laptop, LCD projector, and internet - I will do a
presentation showing the members  some cool stuff I learned at a Technology
conference in Boston this summer.  I am now video taping Chemistry pre-lab
techniques and uploading it to Youtube.  It is cutting back on my having to use
class time to do pre-labs.  I just assign it as homework.  It also shows
students better visuals because I can do closeups of what I want them to see.
Anyway - it is really cool stuff and easy to do.  I will even demonstrate how
easy it is.  Title of Presentation - Using Inexpensive and Easy to Use
Technology to Engage Students in Chemistry Lessons:  If I Can Do It - You Can
Do It!

Janice