[k3] BookPals - StoryLine

  • From: Glovely@xxxxxxx
  • To: k3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:32:42 EST

Hello Again!
What a great resource a teacher recently shared with me - BookPals - Online
StoryLine. This website brings Screen Actors Guild Members to the computer
screen reading favorite children's books ... people students may recognize
(Amanda
Bynes, Sean Astin, Melissa Gilbert, Al Gore and more) reading great books by
Patricia Polacco, Mem Fox and others. There are also lesson plans, activities,
information on the author and the reader for each book. That being said, I
think it is the reading of the books by famous people which will be most
interesting to our students.

One caveat, there is another section of the site which has access to stories
via telephone -- this could be quite costly if a student chose to call from
Australia or New York to Los Angeles!

Check it out!

http://www.bookpals.net/storyline/index.html

Enjoy!