Hilton Pond 10-22-05 (San Andres Island)

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:47:00 -0500

Advertise K12 Newsletters Guidlines
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html

Educational CyberPlayGround

NET CENSORSHIP
censorware vs. privacy & anonymity, filters,
Cyber Patrol , Net Nanny, Resources, Reports,
Tools, Lists, and Full Text Documents

http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/censor.html

Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:19:24 -0500

Although we tend to think of backyard birds in the U.S. and Canada
as "ours," many local species depart for the tropics each fall to
spend the winter in Central or South America. Recently we were
privileged to work with 60-plus Colombian conservationists on
San Andres Island in the Caribbean, helping teach them how to
safely capture, band, and monitor Neotropical migrant birds that
are also "theirs."

"This Week at Hilton Pond" we summarize our intensive and
sometimes harrowing two-week experience with lots of photos
of island flora and fauna, including some of an endangered endemic
and the local hummingbird species. To view the photo essay for
22 Oct-7 Nov 2005, please visit the Web site for Hilton Pond
Center for Piedmont Natural History, specifically at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek051022.html
or
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek051022.html>>

The Web account is long with many images, so it may take a
while to load.

Please forward this message to friends who appreciate birds and
nature, and tell them they can get a free reminder for "This Week
at Hilton Pond" by sending a blank E-mail to
<<mailto:ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> with SUBSCRIBE in the
subject line. Be sure to have them configure their spam filters to
accept E-mails from ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy (International) Nature Watching!

BILL

(Note that the Hilton Pond Web site has a Search Engine that is
accessible from most pages. Please check it first if you have
questions.)

-------------------------------

"This Week at Hilton Pond" is written and photographed by:
BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745 USA
803-684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is
"to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components
of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through
observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages."

Please visit our Web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org>> and for "Operation RubyThroat:
The Hummingbird Project" at <<http://www.rubythroat.org>>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from K12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
K12 Newsletter copyright
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING